More information about PDO Thread Lift
What can PDO threads be used to treat?
PDO threads can be used to:
- Increase soft tissue volume
- Rejuvenation the skin, including the under-eye area
- Lift the neck area where the skin may have lost its elasticity
- Lift the face and contour the jaw, naso-labial (nose to mouth), marionette (mouth to chin) and jowl (lower part of the cheek) areas
- Lift the top of the nose as an alternative to filler and anti-wrinkle injections
Am I suitable for treatment with PDO threads?
The majority of patients can undergo treatment with PDO threads, but we will confirm this is the case for you during your initial consultation. Treatment is not suitable for patients who:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have a history of keloid scarring
- Suffer from autoimmune disorders
- Are suffering from an active skin infection
- Are currently taking roaccutane medication
- Are suffering from existing systemic infections
- Are allergic to the local anaesthetic, lidocaine
- Are taking blood thinning medication, due to the increased risk of bleeding and bruising
Is treatment with PDO threads painful?
The procedure is carried out with a local anaesthetic, but it can be uncomfortable for some patients. Careful application of techniques ensures you are unlikely to experience any pain.
What can I expect from the appointment?
We will arrange a consultation, where you will be asked to complete a medical form and your photograph will be taken. Treatment will be explained to you in detail so as to provide you with the opportunity to ask any questions you might have. Your aesthetic goals and how realistic these will be to achieve will be discussed with facial aesthetics expert, Dr James Littler, who is a highly experienced member of our team.
Treatment is not typically provided on the same day as the consultation, so a second appointment will be scheduled for another day that is convenient for you. When you attend the practice for the procedure, we will ask you to fill out a consent form to confirm you are happy to proceed.
Treatment will begin with a thorough cleanse of your skin to remove any dirty or make-up. James will anaesthetise the areas that are to be treated, before inserting the threads.
How long does treatment take to work, and how long will it last?
If the PDO threads are used to lift the skin, there will be an immediate effect, which should be evident over the course of 3 to 4 months, as new collagen is produced and fibrous tissue continues to form. This instant result will give way to a delayed lift effect, which should last for up to 12 months.
If the PDO threads are used to rejuvenate the skin, there will be no lift effect and it may take between 4 to 6 weeks before you notice an improvement in the overall condition of your skin.
We recommend that repeat treatment is carried out a year apart.
What should I do after treatment?
- Avoid applying make-up to the treated area for at least 24 hours. After this period, be mindful of the treads and apply your make-up gently
- Wash your face carefully, but avoid face creams and lotions for at least 24 hours
- Restrict your facial movements for at least 1 to 3 weeks or longer, as this will give the threads the opportunity to better anchor under the skin
- Apply SPF 30-50 lotion to the treated area for at least 1 to 3 weeks to avoid the risk of developing dark spots (hyperpigmentation). This lotion should be applied daily regardless of any treatment in order to help reduce the signs of aging
- Sleep facing upwards for at least 3 to 7 nights to avoid applying pressure on the threads
- For at least 4 weeks, avoid dental appointments that may involve moving your face excessively
- Avoid consuming hot drinks and hard foods for at least 48 hours
- Avoid strenuous exercises for at least 1 to 3 weeks
- Avoid exposing yourself to extreme temperatures from direct sunlight, saunas and sunbeds for at least 1 week
- Avoid consuming alcohol for at least 3 to 7 days
- Take paracetamol if necessary, but not ibuprofen
Are there any side effects?
You might experience some degree of bruising, swelling and asymmetry. Your skin may also pucker and bunch as it is lifted, but it is better not to correct these issues, as they typically subside within 2 weeks for an optimal result.
What is the price of PDO threads?
The costs of PDO threads used to rejuvenate skin start at £500, while PDO threads used to lift the skin start at £1000.
How do I book treatment for PDO threads?
You can contact Ten Dental + Facial to arrange a treatment consultation by clicking here. You can also call 020 7622 7610 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire about treatment with PDO threads.